Housing associations continue to face a variety of challenges including:
- The political dimension – economically-driven housing policy
- The 1% reduction in rents
- The reduction in public subsidy
- Welfare reform and universal credit influencing income collection
- The home ownership policy
- The role of housing – social change or property developer?
The housing sector faces unprecedented challenges. The complex setting, interwoven with central government, local authorities and private sector partners, is dealing with funding issues, short supply and managing intricate cultures. Realigning limited resources to deliver in a new operating environment, reducing waste and saving money, and demonstrating improving performance in sustainable cultures are all essential. Where to start?
We have worked with numerous housing associations and local authority housing departments with much success including:
- Significant returns on investment
- £800k per annum saved in voids in a large London-based housing association
- £70k saved by streamlining a complaints process
- £200k saved in recharges
- 28% reduction in work in process for repairs, with 36% reduction in sub-contractor queries and a 51% reduction in overdue jobs
- 58% saving in the cost of managing tenancy issues.
“Implementing a full Lean programme with Ad Esse support was one of the best decisions A2Dominion ever made”
Darrell Mercer, A2Dominion