The government is keen to see significant change in the way that Local Authorities are organised and how services are commissioned and delivered; developing flexible and adaptable approaches that are better able to meet the varying needs of its customers. This may include devolving power from central to local government to ensure decisions are made by the people who are more able to respond to the needs of its citizens.
Local Authorities immediate challenges include:
- Maintaining provisions of current service levels during period of increased change.
- Make budget savings
- Improve organisational efficiency
- Increased demand for services
- Greater involvement of local community leaders.
Our clients are successfully overcoming these challenges by introducing new ways of working and involving more people in doing so.
- 88% reduction in falure-demand calls to assessment team
- At least 10% saved in services across a London borough