A free mini-diagnostic is a reduced-scope version of the full diagnostic approach we follow when working with organisations at the start of their transformation programmes. The mini-diagnostic reviews a specific process or service area and takes a couple of days to complete. We look to answer three fundamental questions:
- Does the relevant service area appear to be ready for your transformation programme and/or ready to adopt a continuous improvement culture?
- What sort of scope for improvement is there?
- What are some of the priority areas recommended for more detailed examination?
The output is a presentation to your senior managers, that includes the answers to these questions together with recommended next steps.
What do we do in a mini-diagnostic?
The simple answer is it depends on what your priorities for improvement are. Diagnostics are bespoke to every organisation we work with. A diagnostic may include:
- Analysis of existing data and collecting and analysing bespoke collected data
- Interviews and focus groups
- Working with groups of staff to create SIPOC (suppliers, inputs, process, outputs, customer) charts or Value Stream Maps (visual representation of the process flow and problems)
- Day in the Life Of (DILO) observations of your processes in action
How it works
1. Get in touch with us (via form)
2. Have an initial chat (via phone or skype)
3. Complete scoping and planning (skype or face to face)
4. Complete diagnostic (on site)
5. Deliver feedback (on site)