The Housing sector continues to face a variety of challenges including:
- The political dimension – economically-driven housing policy
- Welfare reform and Universal Credit influencing income collection
- The home ownership policy
- The role of housing – social change or property developer?
This complex sector, interwoven with central government, local authorities and private sector partners, is dealing with funding issues, short supply and managing intricate cultures. Realigning limited resources to deliver in a new operating environment, reducing waste and saving money, and demonstrating improving performance in sustainable cultures are all essential. Where to start?
We have worked with numerous housing associations and local authority housing departments with significant returns on investment including:
- £800k per annum saved in voids in a large London-based housing association
- Reduction in service charge queries from 700 in one year to 7 in the next
- £70k saved by streamlining a complaints process
- £200k saved in recharges
- Overdue repairs reduced in two clients from over 10,000 to under 100
- 28% reduction in work in process for repairs and 36% reduction in sub-contractor queries
- 58% saving in the cost of managing tenancy issues.
Having worked with more than 40 housing providers (associations and local authorities), we know what good looks like and are able to provide anonymous comparator information across a range of indicators such as voids, repairs and service charges.
“Implementing a full Lean programme with Ad Esse support was one of the best decisions A2Dominion ever made”
Darrell Mercer, A2Dominion